Register – Webinar: On-premise and public cloud: Getting the best of both worlds
Thursday 8th February, 2018 | 2:00pm AEDT
Live to your desk or on-demand for viewing in your own time
Join Computerworld and Dell EMC for our webcast, ‘On-premise and public cloud: Getting the best of both worlds’, where you will discover how a true hybrid cloud environment can encourage innovation, improve efficiency, and cut infrastructure costs across your organisation.
- Australia leads the world in cloud adoption | Dr Joe Sweeney, Advisor IBRS
- Breaking down the barriers between public, private and hosted cloud | Grant Klaaysen, CEO GPK
- Dell EMC Cloud for Microsoft Azure Stack | Jade Porter, Senior Director Compute and Networking, Dell EMC ANZ
- Interactive Speaker Panel with Audience Q&A
Australia leads the world in cloud adoption | Dr Joe Sweeney, Advisor IBRS
Hybrid cloud is rapidly evolving into the de facto IT delivery model for Australian firms as ICT executives recognise they need bring the benefits of cloud architectures back into the organisation.
During this webinar, Dr Sweeney will outline:
- The two mega-trends coming together: hyper-converged hardware/software stacks and the move to ‘as-a-service’ ICT operating models.
- The #1 business priority that is driving IT executives to transform IT service delivery into an ‘ICT as a service’ model.
- How the need to transform IT service delivery is driving the need for hybrid cloud
- How Australia’s unique compliance and physical landscapes increase the need for hybrid cloud
- Why a common codebase AND service platform matter
- Why the economic benefits of cloud sit in platform services, and why it is important to consider the degree to which your organisation will leverage this
- How Microsoft Azure Stack is differentiated from the competition
Breaking down the barriers between public, private and hosted cloud | Grant Klaaysen, CEO GPK & Jade Porter, Senior Director Compute and Networking, Dell EMC ANZ
Join GPK Group’s CEO, Grant Klaaysen, as he outlines his ‘vision and outlook’ for the hybrid cloud environment, detailing how a mix of on-premise, private cloud and public cloud services is shaking up the market – particularly for smaller organisations.
With benefits now moving downstream to the ‘smaller fish in the sea’, Klaaysen will reveal how businesses – like GPK Group – are seeing improved efficiencies, greater flexibility and scalability, deep cuts in infrastructure costs, and increased opportunities to create new sources of revenue.
Klaaysen will be joined by Jade Porter, Senior Director Compute and Networking, Dell EMC ANZ. Together, they will discuss how a public cloud, private cloud and hosted platform environment gives GPK Group access to unmatched levels of integration, automation, and manageability.