As technology evolves, so too do the cyberthreats that come with it. There are so many more touchpoints that your business manages these days; more than just email and anti-virus, you need to be aware of the risks against your VPN, wifi, user credentials, mobile devices, and even vulnerabilities within your operating systems.
So it’s critical that your business has the right processes and security in place to combat these threats.
IT Security Perth
Businesses now exist in an online world. Everything we do is managed online. Whether it’s in the cloud, or over our networks, we rely on our computer systems and software to keep our businesses up and running. And with cybercrimes against Australian businesses on the rise, it’s crucial that your business remains protected.
At GPK Group, our cyber security experts will ensure your Perth business has the right security systems and processes in place to minimise your vulnerability against cyber threats. And we’ll partner with you to ensure your business stays protected for the long term.
Cyber Security Companies Perth
The business benefits of cloud storage are obvious. You limit the clutter on your physical drives, you get remote access to your documents, and you get peace of mind that your data is backed up securely. But just how secure is cloud storage?
We can answer that for you. GPK Group provides robust cloud storage solutions, with multiple levels of cyber security protocols, to ensure your valuable business data remains safe from external threats. With multiple on-site and remote storage locations, and enterprise level protection, your business’ data has never been safer.
Advanced Anti-virus Protection
Malware and computer viruses are increasing in sophistication and ferocity—but so are our anti-virus measures. GPK Group helps you remain protected against malware, ransomware, viruses, worms, and malicious bots.
Secure Your Devices
Often, a Bring Your Own Device policy can be the weakest link in a business’ cyber security protocols. We help you protect your staff devices, so they can remain secure wherever they use them.
Cyber Security Training
Your staff are your first line of defence against cyber security threats and vulnerabilities. So if they’re not properly trained in password management, email protocol, or safe online browsing methods, they could be a cybercriminal’s gateway into your business.
“They continue to deliver at the high standards we expect. They are efficient, professional and very understanding of our business and needs and I have no hesitation in recommending them!“
Analyse Your IT Risk
We recognise that every business is different, so we tailor our IT security services to your Perth business. This allows you to get a bespoke cyber security solution that covers all the unique touchpoints that makes up your business network.
We start by performing a thorough IT security audit to determine the size, make-up, and complexity of your business’ networks and systems. Then, we seek out any vulnerabilities or cracks in your current processes that can be leveraged by cybercriminals.
Get the Right Tools for Your Protection
Understanding your current level of security risk allows us to determine the right systems and right tools that will protect your business, which can include both digital and physical security measures. We help you optimise your current processes, deploy new security tools, and then manage them for you.
A Proactive Cyber Security Approach
But we don’t stop there. Once we’ve delivered a full-scope IT security solution for your business, we stick around to ensure it keeps you protected for the long term. We review it regularly to ensure it’s meeting your needs, and is up-to-date to protect you against evolving cybersecurity threats.
As your business grows, we’ll be there to ensure your IT security coverage grows with it. Think of us as your trusted IT security partner, providing expert cyber security support to cover your entire technology footprint.
Our expert team provide you with security systems and support to ensure you have the right tools at your disposal, at the right time, so you can ensure your business remains as secure as possible. Our cyber security solutions will help you:
- Review your organisational behaviours within industry-recognised security frameworks
- Improve your security posture by reviewing your anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Implement an enterprise-level firewall solution
- Stay protected and prepared against future cyber security threats
- Ensure your staff understand how to stay safe online
- Receive immediate response should any threats occur
- Remain operational following any cyber attacks
- Get peace of mind that your business’ data, documents, and devices are secure
Yes. Managed IT Security Solutions for Perth businesses is one of the pillar services that we provide. What this means for you is:
- You get proactive IT security cover. Our cybersecurity experts monitor your network and systems to ensure we catch any threats or vulnerabilities before they become and issue.
- It’s all ‘hands-off’. You don’t have to lift a finger to ensure your IT security systems are up to date, we keep everything up to date and optimised to ensure total security for your business.
- You get peace of mind that your business has a bespoke solution that covers your security needs.
- You don’t have to worry about your IT security—we manage it all for you. That’s why it’s called Managed Security Solutions.
Absolutely. A thorough audit of your network and processes is one of the key cyber security measures we provide to Perth businesses. Here’s how it works.
Step 1: We map out the entire architecture of your business’ network.
Step 2: We identify all the hardware, software, devices, and users on your network.
Step 3: We identify any old, outdated, or unused pieces of software or hardware.
Step 4: We perform a thorough security analysis of your network, including these touchpoints, to identify any threats or vulnerabilities.
Step 5: We assess the results of your security analysis, and provide you with our recommendations on where and how it can be improved.
Step 6: We manage the upgrade and optimisation of your security processes for you.
Cybersecurity attacks are increasing in sophistication and level of damage. The most common cybersecurity attacks at the moment are:
- Mobile cyberthreats. With the quick move to remote work, businesses had to learn quickly how to keep their expanded networks secure. And cybercriminals learned right along with them. Cybercriminals are taking advantage of vulnerabilities inherent in our home networks. These attacks can be as subtle as finding a misconfigured anti-virus or VPN, or unresolved security update, or it can be as sophisticated as long-term spearphishing scams (that is, hyper-targeted phishing attempts).
- Spearphishing. And on that note, spearphishing is one of the increasingly common cybersecurity attacks. Rather than a broad-based approach, this phishing method sees cybercriminals target individual people, persistently, from seemingly reputable sources. And as automation software becomes more powerful, these types of attacks are only going to become more common.
- Ransomware attacks. Ransomware attacks are already common, but it’s likely they’ll increase. And as they increase, we predict that these ransomware attacks will become faster, demanding larger ransoms, and more vicious, damaging data before businesses even have a chance to respond.
- Insider threats. Insider threats are a particularly insidious cybersecurity threat that we must be aware of. More prevalent with the rise of remote working, an insider threat works by cybercriminal actually applying for a job at the business they’re targeting. They follow the recruitment process, secure their position, and end up actually becoming an employee in the company. Then once they’ve successfully come on board, they’re able to retrieve sensitive business data from within the company. This may all sound like some corporate espionage spy drama, but it’s a very real threat, made all the more possible by our reduced reliance on face-to-face meetings.
- Advanced persistent threats. Similar to insider threats, advanced persistent threats see cybercriminals attacking businesses from the inside. But this method sees them do it quietly, almost undiscovered. It works by a cybercriminal infiltrating a business’ security network through an undiagnosed vulnerability, and then planting code that allows them to remain there, dormant. They can stay there for months, then when the time is right, using that code to attack the business. What they do depends on what they want—it might be business data, security codes, or money.
Vulnerabilities in IoT devices. The potential for the Internet of Things to revolutionise how we live is exciting, but it also means increased opportunity for cyber criminals. All the internet-enabled devices and equipment—from fridges and home devices, to factory equipment, security equipment, and even autonomous cars—provide vast potential for undiscovered security vulnerabilities and cracks in cybersecurity systems.
Cryptolocker is more damaging than regular ransomware. It attacks all the drives mapped to your computer, including any external connected drives. It then locks down these drives, preventing access, and even stealing important information.
We help you stay protected from Cryptolocker attacks by ensuring your data is backed up in the first place. We provide regular data backup both on-site and remotely, so you have redundancies built in should anything happen. We also provide regular updating of your security systems, and regular training for your staff to ensure they know how to manage security issues and threats.
This is a case where being prepared is the best defence—and we help ensure you’re prepared.
If you receive a ransomware attack, our first step is to isolate all the machines on your network to prevent any further spread and damage. We’ll assess how and where it got into your network, and determine how far it’s spread.
We’ll then systematically check your servers and machines to start bringing them safely back onto the network.
However, once ransomware attacks your network, the damage has usually been done. So the best defence against malware is increased cyber security systems, and regular data backups. We provide regular data backup both on-site and remotely, so you have redundancies built in should anything happen. We also provide regular updating of your security systems, and regular training for your staff to ensure they know how to manage security issues and threats.
We don’t rely on cookie-cutter security plans. Instead, we provide bespoke security plans based on your requirements and expectations. We achieve this by analysing your existing security systems and protocols, and then will typically implement a combination of the Essential 8 (ESS8) mitigation strategies. These include:
- Application control, to prevent the execution of unapproved or malicious apps
- Patch applications, to mitigate any extreme app vulnerabilities existing in un-patched software
- Configure your macro settings, to block any malicious macros from running unapproved code on your systems
- User application hardening, where we configure your web browsers to disable and block any unneeded features
- Restrict admin privileges in your operating systems, to limit the number of people with admin accounts
- Patch operating systems, to mitigate any vulnerabilities that exist in your un-patched systems
- Multi-factor authentication, to ensure only the right people get access for your systems and files
- Daily backups of all your business’ data, to make sure your important information is safe and secure should any cybersecurity incidents occur.